Yoga Therapy II: Hands-On Certification
With Kamini Desai, Ph.D
July 28 - August 4, 2023
Prerequisite: I AM Yoga Therapy I: Touch-Free Certification
Body Psychology Training
I AM Yoga Therapy II is a continuation of I AM Yoga Therapy I
Module 3 (partial) of 800 Hour I AM Yoga Therapy™ Curriculum
“Innovative and profound.”
“This course has had a deep, personal impact on me and my vision of what yoga is all about.”
“My clients say they have never felt so relaxed before!”
Learn advanced techniques of yoga therapy to physically support and coach your client through body limitations and psychosomatic tensions. Remove struggle and help your client receive maximum opening and benefit in assisted variations of classical yoga poses. These techniques enhance the effect of physical poses and support emotional integration – especially when combined with our unique coaching methods. The methods of yoga therapy you learn here work at a deeper layer than traditional yoga therapy, allowing people to access experiences ranging from stress relief and stretch to release of old feelings, fears and psychosomatic causes of disease.
Draw on elements from contact yoga, yogassage, phoenix rising yoga therapy, thai yoga therapy and traditional yoga styles to promote total body opening. Support yourself and others to increase range of motion, reduce pain and inflammation, heal burnout and improve mental and physical wellbeing by freeing the body’s ability to heal itself.
- Advanced hands-on assisted posture techniques
- Four sequences to address the most common holding zones in the body
- Instructional videos and detailed digital manual
- Facilitation techniques to enhance the effect of physical poses & support emotional integration
- Ideas for chair Yoga Therapy
- Basic principles and precautions of Yoga Therapy for scoliosis, hip replacement and other common conditions
- Incorporate Yoga Nidra with Yoga Therapy*
- How to put together a full 6 limbed yoga therapy session
- Suggestions for marketing and pricing
*For certified Yoga Nidra teachers
Who is this for?
- In addition to promoting your personal development, this training is excellent for yoga teachers, bodyworkers, physical therapists, holistic counselors and health and healing professionals in search of new tools to serve their clients.
- Yoga Therapists are increasingly working in pain clinics, and in conjunction with doctors, chiropractors, physiotherapists, physical therapists, senior treatments centers and rehabilitation clinics.
- While Yoga Therapy I is appropriate for everyone, Yoga Therapy II is more physical and is best suited for those with moderate stamina and strength.
- Some bodywork, healing modality or yoga experience is helpful, but not required.
How Can I Use My Hours?
- This course is 60 hours. Combined with Yoga Therapy I is 100 hours and upon completion of 8 documented sessions provides 120 Hour Yoga Therapy certification.
- Completion Yoga Therapy I & II Certification allows you to become a member of IAYT (The International Association of Yoga Therapists).
- If you are already a member of IAYT (International Association of Yoga Therapists), hours can be used towards continuing education requirements
- Completion of Yoga Therapy I and II count towards Amrit Yoga Institute’s 800hr IAYT accredited yoga therapist program. Learn more here.
- Yoga Therapy I and II are sometimes offered together as one course, often in a 10-11 day format.
This training is the culmination of all the I AM Methods – combining many healing principles and techniques into one universally accessible and powerful practice. You will be amazed by the profound nature of this work and its remarkable capacity to free the restorative intelligence of the body. Journey into a deeper understanding of the body’s energy system.
“Remove the root cause and the symptoms disappear.”
IMPORTANT: Certificate of Completion and Manuals are provided digitally for your reference and to print at your own cost. Manuals can also be ordered separately. Once you register for this course, a free account will be created for you (if you don’t already have one) inside of our ecourses.amrityoga.org system and the digital version of this course will be assigned to your user account.
This is where you will:
a. Reference your digital Manual
b. Print or Order your Cards and Manual (manual is optional)
c. Complete your assignments and submit your homework
d. Receive your certificate upon successful completion of the course and assignments
- Learn how to facilitate the profound release of mental and emotional tension
- Acquire new techniques to assist you in integrating unresolved blocks in the body
- Experience both prop and partner assisted sequences that address the major holding zones in the body.
- Lead a one-on-one and/or group session including: intake, assessment, customized yoga therapy session, integration, and debrief catering to individualized needs.
- Combine poses that elicit profound physical and emotional releases with the internal healing work of Yoga Nidra.*
- Understand how to approach conditions such as pregnancy, hip replacements, joint conditions, fibromyalgia, heart conditions and more.
- In addition to promoting your personal development, this training is excellent for psychologists, counselors, health and healing professionals, and bodyworkers in search of new tools to serve their clients.
- Discover how to healthfully integrate and release emotions for yourself and others
- Use various experiences to connect with and learn to listen to the energy of the body and what it is saying to you.
*Applies to those who have been trained in Yoga Nidra.
- Reprogram the mental and emotional patterns that produce dis-ease
- Boost immunity with increased blood and lymph flow
- Reduce stiffness, pain, tension and inflammation
- Improve posture and range of motion
- Long term restoration of body function following an injury or surgery
- Increased energy, Mental clarity, emotional balance, and assistance to reduce and eliminate unhealthy patterns of thinking
In this training you will learn how to give individualized yoga therapy sessions as well as group yoga therapy classes. We have provided ample time during this training for integration, supervised practicum, as well as one-on-one practice sessions. Not only is this course developed in a way for you to assist others; it also serves as a powerful tool for your own personal journey.
You can be certified as a 100-hour Yoga Therapist by completing 8 documented Yoga Therapy sessions following the successful completion of this training. Session documentation must be submitted within 4 months after the training is complete.
This training also counts towards becoming an 800-hour Yoga Therapist, in accordance with IAYT accreditation standards. For more information visit: https://amrityoga.org/iayt/.
*I AM Yoga Nidra™ Professional Training and I AM Yoga Nidra™ Advanced Training also count towards becoming an 800-hour Yoga Therapist. You must be a certified yoga teacher to qualify.
A Brief Video Intro with Kamini
“Kamini has skillfully distilled ancient wisdom into a modern body of work that has enormous capacity for healing ourselves and others. Her ability to teach complex subjects is unparalleled. The hands-on, personalized teaching and coaching is invaluable. The week spent in training helped me to understand Yoga Therapy in depth and now I feel confident in my ability to use Yoga Therapy in my practice. I’ve practiced as a board certified family physician for more than 20 years and in that time, I have seen the incredible need for this type of mind/body healing. Training in I AM Yoga Therapy is one of the most powerful ways you can bring about healing for yourself and others. ” ~ Rashmi Schramm (MD, NBC-HWC)
“The Yoga Therapy program is an innovative, profound, reflective healing modality. Brilliant!”~ Cristine (Bodyworker)
“Using yoga to work on emotional issues bridged the gap I felt was missing between yoga and psychology.”~ Aurora (Counselor & Yoga Teacher)
“This training has both re-inspired and affirmed for me a deep healing, on both professional and personal levels, that will transform all my relationships.”~ Rebecca (Yoga Teacher)
“I feel free to know that the energy of acceptance and allowance is enough to give others the space to heal.”~ Beth (Psychotherapist & Yoga Teacher)
“Aside from feeling lighter and centered, I feel that I am more capable now to help others.”~ J. Wheelan (Yoga Teacher)
Yogeshwari Kamini Desai, PhD is the author of Yoga Nidra: The Art of Transformational Sleep, has created an exciting and unique body of teachings incorporating western psychology, eastern philosophy and science. Considered an expert in Yoga Nidra Meditation, relaxation, yoga therapy and artful living, her practical and accessible teaching style is welcomed worldwide. In 2012 she was awarded the title Yogeshwari (woman of yogic mastery) for her keen ability to bring ancient illumination to the genuine challenges of the human experience. Her teachings have benefited employees at Sony, Kelloggs, KPN Telecom, Mars Confectionery, the Department of Corrections and Departments of the Netherlands Government. Learn more about Kamini Desai, Ph.D
Learn more about Kamini Desai, Ph.D