What makes I AM Yoga Therapy™ programs unique?
There are many different styles of Yoga Therapy, each of which have different areas of focus. Our 800+ hour I AM Yoga Therapy™ Professional training is designed to help you work at the root of symptoms and not just the visible effects. We approach physical symptoms as not just a purely physical event, but as a result of a constellation of thoughts, feelings, unresolved experiences and holding patterns that interact with compromised areas of the body to create symptoms. Work on symptoms singly and you could be busy for a lifetime. Work at the root, and all the symptoms simultaneously begin to dissolve. This approach to Yoga Therapy allows you to address the TOTAL person and address the entire range of causes from the invisible to the visible.
Our entire program is based around the principles of energy.
Your body is made of densified energy. All blocks whether physical, mental or emotional, are composed of varying degrees of density. If we can understand energy and how to resolve it, we can work at any one of these levels and release blocks that may be keeping the body from healing itself. Blocks can be revealed and released through yoga therapy poses combined with facilitation techniques. A doctor does not heal us, the innate intelligence of our body is what heals us. This training is designed to teach you how to remove the obstacles that are in the way of the body healing itself, whether those obstacles are physical, mental or emotional.
You will be assigned various Mentors to support you throughout your training depending on the module you are taking. The assistant director of the 800 hour program will be your consistent contact point. Our Mentors consist of teachers from our training and offer an exceptional depth of knowledge, skill and compassion.
Benefits for Yourself and Your Clients
This training is not just for those you will be working with. It is for you as well. You cannot give what you don’t have. You will go through all the processes you will be sharing with others. This will allow you to share with others from your own personal experience and conviction, rather than just intellectual knowledge. As a result of this 800+ hour training, your very being will become a healing presence for others. You will learn a lot, but what will really transform is who you have become.
- Improved posture, flexibility and range of motion
- Increased energy, emotional balance and mental clarity
- Transformation of unhealthy thinking patterns and their reflection in the body
- Reduction of chronic pain and tension (results vary)
- Calming and balancing the nervous system
- Techniques to integrate unresolved experiences at the energetic and physical level
- Increase the body’s capacity to heal itself
The core principle of our 800-hour program, module 1-6 is understanding, listening to and freeing energy as a healing force within each individual. Each of our trainings represent a different facet of this core principle, and are designed to introduce the yoga therapist to a new yoga therapeutic skill set (or deepen an existing skill set) which they can then practically apply to their yoga therapy practicums and clients in both yoga therapy classes or individual sessions. Each module is interwoven with the others and is intended to eventually create an entire body of knowledge and yoga therapeutic skills which allow the yoga therapy student to have a variety of channels to most appropriately address the individual needs of the client. An assessment module is included early on to help you do this.
The 800+ hour training is centered around the 12-day I AM Body Psychology training which acts as the hub of the wheel. In this 12-day core course you will learn foundational Yoga Therapy techniques including assisted poses, prop-assisted poses and facilitation techniques that may be used in both group and one-on-one settings.
Modules 7-9 are designed to go deeper into the basics outlined in the previous 6 modules and go deeper into specific applications for yoga therapists. The practical applications for use in yoga therapy session follows this general formula:
- Modeling of the technique
- Practicing in-class and classroom exchanges
- Post module practicum assignments to hone skills from home
The practicum assignments following each module are designed to develop skills as learned in that particular module. However, Module 10 practicum is designed for the candidate therapist to pull together ALL techniques into one unified practice based on their assessment of client’s needs.
Our 800+ hour I AM Yoga Therapist Training includes:
- Yoga Therapy poses laid out in a comprehensive manual
- How to lead a group yoga therapy class
- Facilitation techniques
- Hands-on supervised review and practice
- Sequences and protocols for common conditions
- Energy and physical anatomy basics for yoga therapy
- Profound & unique teachings of yoga psychology
- A unique yoga-based model for emotional integration
- Understanding energy and its healing potential
- Understanding breath and its role in emotional resolution
- Yoga Nidra to create a resilient brain and integrate unresolved trauma
- Ayurvedic principles to allow the body to optimally heal itself
- Applied anatomy and assessment tools
Together our 10 Modules will give you the tools to be an 800 hour holistically trained I AM Yoga Therapist to help address the entire person who is in front of you. Please visit our Module section to see our suggested order of completion, some prerequisites are required for certain Modules.
Program Completion Requirements: Students must complete all 10 Modules and receive a certificate of completion for each Module. Upon successful completion of the final Practicum, each student will be provided with an official 800-Hour I AM Yoga Therapy™ Professional Training certificate.
Our Recommended Order of Completion
|Prerequisite||Any 200 hour RYS Yoga Teacher Training*|
|Module 1||I AM Yoga Nidra™ Professional Training|
|Module 2||General Assessment|
|Module 3||I AM Yoga Therapy™ Body Psychology Training|
|Module 4||I AM Yoga Nidra™ Advanced Training|
|Module 5||Integral Breath Therapy Training|
|Module 6||I AM Yoga™ Advanced Training: Meditation in Motion|
|Module 7||Principles of Ayurveda|
|Module 8||General Anatomy, Applied Anatomy, Applied Psychology|
|Module 9||Putting It All Together|
TOTAL APPROXIMATE HOURS : 856
Hour breakdown does not reflect how IAYT breaks down its competency hours.
*If you took a 200-hour yoga training in a tradition other than Amrit Yoga you are required to register for and successfully complete the online course “The Posture of Consciousness Intensive”. Teachers must have one year teaching experience, and one year of personal practice which may occur concurrently.
** If you are already registered in the 800-hour program, and the order of modules has changed. This does not affect your hours or course content.
When possible, we suggest you take Modules 1-6 in that order. Modules 1-6 each have their own practicum portion you will need to complete before taking the next module. Then begin the distance learning Modules 7-8 NOTE: Module 7 is a prerequisite to Applied Anatomy (in Module 8).
The distance learning Modules delve deeper into the basics learned in Modules 1-6 on the subjects of: Anatomy/Physiology, Applied Psychology, Ayurveda.
It is best if you can complete Modules 1-8 before going on to Module 9 as this module provides you an opportunity to review what you learned and skillfully combine all the components of I AM Yoga Therapy™ into an appropriate treatment plan for your clients The final practicum and exam will be provided to you upon completion of Module 9. Module 10 Practicum may only begin after completion after ALL other modules.
*If necessary for scheduling you may take Module 9 after you have completed Modules 1-6 but it is less ideal.
Upon registering for this professional training, you will have an opportunity to plan your 2-4-year program with our Assistant Program Director. This will help you decide what Modules you will take in order to fit your goals.
Order of Completion:
Our assistant director ([email protected]) will advise you regarding adjustments needed to fit your schedule. Exceptions will be considered on a case by case basis.
- When possible, we suggest you take Modules 1-6 in that order. Each has their own practicum homework portion you will need to complete before taking the next module.
- Then begin the distance learning Modules 7 & 8
- Module 1-8 must be completed before going on to 9 (Putting It All Together).
- Module 10 Practicum may only begin after completion after ALL other modules.
Academic Performance & Program Completion Requirements
Students must attend all 10 modules and receive a certificate of completion for each module. Upon successful completion of the final Practicum, each student will be provided with an official 800-Hour I AM Yoga Therapy™ Professional Training certificate.
We grade on a pass/fail scale in accordance with clear criteria. A student is required to pass each module’s requirements and receive a certificate of completion before participating in the next Module. The teacher of each Module and/or mentor will grade all assignments and provide the pass/fail grade. 70% of the IAYT competencies must be demonstrated for a passing grade. If a student does not meet the competencies, they will be given the opportunity to complete the needed portions of the assignment again, either during the course of this program or on their own time.
If a student does not pass a second time a mentor or teacher may, at their discretion, ask the student to do further study or retake that particular Module again at their own cost of half the advertised price of the Module.
Module Detailed Descriptions
Module 1: Yoga Nidra Professional Training
This training introduces the basic philosophical tenets of I AM Yoga Therapy. Yoga Therapy students understand the genesis of dis-ease at both the subtle (mental/emotional ) level as well as the physical level from BOTH the yogic and scientific perspectives. Yoga Therapy students are taught how to use the techniques of I AM Yoga Nidra to reach into core consciousness and re-write core patterning from this place with the techniques of Yoga Nidra and the use of intention. They understand how experiential reconnection to Source is the basis of healing and how Yoga Nidra can re-establish this experientially. Yoga Therapy students learn about the following conditions from both a Yogic and Scientific perspective and how to use the techniques of Yoga Nidra as Yoga Therapy to support the body to rebalance itself from the inside out.
In-depth Study & Applications include:
- Stress, Trauma/PTSD
Students receive a 5-tool methodology to discern which type of Yoga Nidra techniques are most appropriate for the client. As part of the final exam, yoga therapy students deliver a Yoga Nidra for a particular condition of their choosing to a fellow classmate with oversight, feedback and guidance from their designated mentor. The techniques of I AM Yoga Nidra are drawn upon in other modules including I AM Yoga Therapy Training, Advanced Yoga Nidra, and in Advanced Training: Meditation in Motion for continuity. In these subsequent trainings, students learn how to apply Yoga Nidra in additional ways for the yoga therapy client.
This training is offered in online format as well as residential.
- Protocol development and modifications for various conditions.
- How to help clients develop intentions.
- Learning how to conduct an individualized session
- Logistics and practicalities of conducting sessions, classes and series
- These techniques are practiced in in-class exchanges and then the student practices them on their own through the practicum assignments that follow the module.
Practicum Assignment: 6 individual Yoga Nidra sessions
Module 2: General Assessment
In this online module, topics will include:
- Checking personal biases
- Clear communication
- Interpreting objective versus subjective information from client interview
- How to document cases
- HIPPA laws and other confidentiality issues
- Refining and developing communication skills
- Determining to take a case and developing a protocol
This course is in online format.
Practicum Assignment: Research and development of protocol; an assignment involving all that has been learned and practicing in real time.
Module 3: I AM Yoga Therapy Body Psychology Training
This module is the core of the 800-hour, I AM Yoga Therapy program. Students understand how incompletions at any level can be addressed as the stagnated movement of energy through the body. Whether a condition is showing up at the subtle mental/emotional level or at the gross body level, students learn:
- Simple energy facilitation techniques
- Holding the space for a client
- Prop and partner assisted poses
- How to lead a Yoga therapy class
- Body reading assessment tool
- In-depth Chakra Study & Energy anatomy
- Mid-training practice and review
- Incorporating Yoga Nidra into a Yoga Therapy session
- By the end of this course the student should be able to successfully complete a full yoga therapy session.
Students also learn about limits of experience, current regulations, rules and ethics all of which are deepened in later modules.
This course is offered as a live residential program only.
- How to use the 6 limbs of an I AM Yoga Therapy session
- How to adjust poses for various physical conditions or other needs.
- Practicing full sessions in class with supervision.
Practicum Assignment: 8 Yoga Therapy sessions, 1 case study (8 sessions with one client)
Module 4: I AM Yoga Nidra Advanced Training
Here the yoga therapy student learns advanced techniques of Yoga Nidra specifically designed to work with emotional integration. Receive training on:
- The stages of emotional resolution
- Developing protocols for stages of emotional healing.
- Yoga Nidra for the Inner Child
- Yogic Studies of Ancient Scriptures
This training is offered in online format as well as residential.
- Deeper Understanding of Energy Anatomy, Koshas and 4 parts of the mind including the ego.
- Advanced therapeutic Yoga Nidra techniques.
- Assessment and delivery of Yoga Nidra protocols for grief, trauma, inner child and other forms of emotional integration.
- Guidance on leading trauma sensitive classes & sessions
Practicum: 1 case study (4 Advanced Yoga Nidra sessions with one client), 1 report & recording of Yoga Nidra created for designated clinical condition.
Module 5: Integral Breath Therapy Training
Breath is one of the most powerful methods to non-mentally shift deep energetically held patterns in the body. Incorporating over 20 holistic modalities, this type of Breathwork gives you an energetic and psychological understanding of how to use the breathing process to unlock unresolved issues and the process to support healing on all planes. Ideal for those who cannot access physical poses – and just as effective. IBT can be used in conjunction with both I AM Yoga Therapy techniques and I AM Yoga Nidra, as you will learn in module 9.
This course is normally only offered in residential format.
- Deeper understanding of emotional blocks and how apply breathwork
- When and how to know to use breathwork in a session and where to use it in the structure of a yoga therapy session.
- Conducting intake and assessment
- Integration techniques to work with clients with emotional releases during and after their sessions.
- Protocol development for various conditions.
- How to adjust breath techniques for various physical conditions or other needs.
Practicum: 4 exchanges, 1 case study (8-10 sessions with one client), 4 one-hour live supervision video calls
Module 6: I AM Yoga Advanced Training: Meditation in Motion
Different from a traditional yoga training, Yoga Therapy students learn specific wording and techniques to guide the student to become aware of areas of frozen prana, to move into these areas consciously and with breath and awareness to allow this energy to move and release itself. Yoga therapy students also go deeper into the understanding of energy as a force for inner healing and awakening through study of various scriptures. You will also gain skills to aid others in listening to the intelligence of the life force in daily life through both sensation and intuition.
This module is designed to provide:
- A deeper understanding of energy and the role of witness
- Techniques to lead group yoga therapy sessions
- Methods to help the students access the inner intelligence of their body
- Additional poses for group yoga therapy sessions
- How to incorporate tools of I AM Yoga Nidra TM as well.
This course is normally only offered in residential format.
- New techniques for teaching group yoga therapy classes.
- How to lead appropriate practices for groups, keeping in mind the assessment of their conditions, limitations, possibilities, and the overall practice strategy.
- Practicum assignments to gain real-life experience.
Practicum: Facetime teaching review, four documented group yoga therapy classes.
Module 7: Principles of Ayurveda
This online course introduces professionals to the ancient science of Ayurveda. It is designed to create:
- A foundational understanding of the key concepts of Ayurveda
- How to apply basic Ayurvedic principles as a yoga therapist
- Explore the interconnectedness of the body and mind from the Ayurvedic perspective
- Learn how to apply this science to working with your clients by creating treatment plans for their unique constitution.
This course is offered in online format.
Practicum: Research and development of protocol. Students provided case history of mock clients.
Module 8: General Anatomy, Applied Anatomy & Applied Psychology
General Anatomy: This is an online course introducing basic fundamentals of anatomy and physiology.
Applied Anatomy*: This component of the Anatomy Module focuses on integrating the yoga subtle body theory, foundations of Āyurveda and the medical model of disease. We will review the major pathologies and disorders of each system and management of these as relevant to the work of a yoga therapist. This includes knowledge of common drugs, surgical procedures, common terminology and pathologies, and how to approach from the point of view of a Yoga Therapist.
Applied Psychology: Applied psychology includes a more in-depth look at how to interact skillfully and compassionately with the client, scope of experience, when to refer, understanding various personality types and how to address their specific needs in a yoga therapy session and more.
*Module 7 (Ayurveda) is a prerequisite to this course.
These modules are offered in online format.
Practicum: In class-assignments as well as Research and development of protocols overseen by mentor.
Module 9 Putting it All Together
This module provides you an opportunity to review what you learned and skillfully combine all the components of I AM Yoga Therapy™ into an appropriate treatment plan for your clients. This program is residential and conducted face to face. This course is followed by at-home practicum assignments in Module 10 overseen by a mentor to solidify what has been learned.
* You must complete modules 1-8 before going on to module 9. Exceptions are considered on a case by case basis.
This course is normally only offered in residential format.
Practicum: Students to create and teach one 3-class yoga therapy series, with focus on a designated condition, plus short video/zoom presentation of series.
Module 10 Final Practicum
This distance learning practicum is to be completed after all other modules are done. It will be your opportunity to practice and put together all you have learned with mentor oversight and feedback. Practicums include recording yourself giving yoga therapy sessions incorporating all you have learned as appropriate for your client, as well as conducting case studies. You will have prepared for this practicum with fellow students in Module 9. Now you will be practicing on your own.
Practicum: Video Record 2 complete yoga therapy sessions, conduct three Case Studies (8 sessions per client), present overview of one case study, live via Zoom.
Overview of Practicum Assignments
Module 1: I AM Yoga Nidra Training
6 individual Yoga Nidra sessions.
Module 2: General Assessment
Research and development of protocol
Module 3: I AM Yoga Therapy Body Psychology
8 sessions & 1 case study (8 sessions with one client).
Module 4: I AM Yoga Nidra Advanced Training
1 case study (4 Advanced Yoga Nidra sessions with one client), 1 report & recording of Yoga Nidra created for designated clinical condition.
Module 5: Integral Breath Therapy Training
4 exchanges, 1 case study (8-10 sessions with one client), 4 one-hour live supervision video calls
Module 6: Advanced Training: Meditation in Motion
Facetime/Zoom teaching review, four documented group yoga therapy classes.
Module 7: Principles of Ayurveda Research and development of protocol. Students provided case history of mock clients.
Module 8: General Anatomy, Applied Anatomy, Applied Psychology
In class-assignments as well as Research and development of protocols overseen by mentor.
Module 9: Putting it all together
Students to create and teach one 3-class yoga therapy series with focus on a designated condition, plus short video/zoom presentation of series.
Module 10: Independent Practicum: Video Record 2 complete yoga therapy sessions, conduct three Case Studies (8 sessions per client), present overview of one case study, live via Zoom.
Total Practicum Hours: 150 in compliance with IAYT standards. Assignments include some hours fulfilled over and above 150 hours which count towards practicum preparation as defined by IAYT
Admissions & Registration
- Applicant must present a 200-hour yoga teacher training certificate
- If applicant took their 200-hour yoga training in a tradition other than Amrit Yoga they are required to register for and successfully complete the online course “The Posture of Consciousness Intensive”
- Applicant must have a minimum of one-year teaching experience
- Applicant must have a minimum of one-year of personal practice
- Fill out the application and our Program Director will be in touch
The Amrit Yoga Institute follows all applicable federal and state laws and regulations and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex or sexual preference, ethnic origin, or disability.
Cancellation and Refund Policies
Amrit Yoga Institute may cancel a program at any time. If Amrit Yoga Institute cancels a program for which you are registered, you will receive a full refund. We will not refund travel costs.
Specific to 800 Hour I AM Yoga Therapy™ Professional Training:
- Enrollment fee of $400 is non-refundable unless your application is denied. In this case, you will be refunded minus a $50 administration fee.
- Distance Learning and Residential Portion of the Program (follow the standard cancellation policy below for each program, treated as individual programs rather than one large program for the purpose of the cancellation policy)
There is a non refundable $50 processing fee for each cancellation (moving a program from one program to another is considered a cancellation).
You may cancel by contacting the main office during business hours Monday – Friday 9 – 5 EST at 352-685-3001 or by emailing [email protected]
Cancellation prior to 24 hours:
$50 processing fee. All other payments may be refunded or held on account for three (3) years to use for future programs. If you do not use the monies held on account within three (3) years they will be given to the Amrit Yoga Institute as a tax deductible donation. You may request an official letter stating the amount of your donation.
Cancellation within 24 hours or early departure:
Cancellation received within 24 hours prior to start of program (or early departure or no call and no shows)
- $50 processing and
- The greater of minimum deposit OR Program Costs (percentage of days completed and expenses paid that will be deducted) and are non-refundable (such as manuals, cards, teacher payments, event payments, etc.). This would be determined at the time of cancellation.
- Remaining monies beyond the administrative fee and program costs will be held on account for three (3) years to use for future programs. If it is not used within three (3) years the monies will be given to the Amrit Yoga Institute as a tax deductible donation. You may request a tax deductible donation to be made on your behalf to AYI.
- Please note that early departure also includes completing the immersion portion of a program and not returning for the certification portion if you have registered for both as one program.
Cleanse Programs: Cleanse programs have a slightly different cancellation policy due to the up front costs that we incur prior to the start of the program.
$50 processing fee. Your deposit is refundable up to 3 weeks in advance. After that your deposit is non refundable. All other payments are refundable. Minimum deposit is $250.
Deposit Requirements: The greater of $100 or 15% of the final cost at checkout.
All programs must be paid in full prior to your participation. Contact us if you need to discuss strategies for payment in multiple installments.
Upon acceptance, you will receive an orientation packet including details about the curriculum, lodging, directions and other pertinent information. Enrollment in all programs is limited by accommodation space, so please register as soon as possible to guarantee your place in a program.
Payment and Finance Charges
All programs must be paid in full prior to your participation. A minimum deposit equaling the greater of $100 or 15% of the final cost of the program is due to hold your space. Program payments are due in full at least 3 business days prior to the start of the program. Contact us if you need to discuss strategies for payment in multiple installments. We do not accept payment plans so there are no finance charges applicable to any payment.
Our Code of Conduct, including detailed Program Policies, will be distributed to each student upon registration for this course.
Grading and Academic Performance
We grade on a pass/fail scale in accordance with clear criteria. A student is required to pass each of the Module requirements and receive a certificate of completion before participating in the next Module. The teacher of each Module and/or mentor will grade all assignments and provide the pass/fail grade. Students are graded based on IAYT Competencies. 70% of the IAYT competencies must be demonstrated for a passing grade. If a student does not meet the competencies, they will be given the opportunity to complete the needed portions of the assignment again either during the course of this program or on their own time. If a student does not pass a second time a mentor may, at their discretion, ask the student to do further study or retake that particular Module again at their own cost of half the advertised price of the Module.
Leave of Absence or Extension of Completion Request
A student may submit a formal Leave of Absence request or a request for additional time to complete the Yoga Therapy program, to the Director of the Yoga Therapy Program. Each request will be reviewed and Leave of Absence or Extension will be accepted or rejected on a case by case basis. When submitting a request please include: reason for the request, how long the leave of absence is requested, and planned re-entry date into the program. If a student does not complete the Yoga Therapy program within a four-year (4-year) time frame and does not formally request an extension, their enrollment in the Yoga Therapy program will be cancelled without refund. Note that, except under extenuating circumstances, only two extensions may be given.
Program Deadline Extension Requests
Permission to extend your training deadline must be made by email to [email protected]. Your request must include your reason for extension and the date you would like to extend your deadline. Extension requests will be considered no more than twice per student.
Transfer Credit Policy for I AM Yoga Therapy 800 Training:
Our program allows transfer credits for the following curriculum if taken in 2013 or later:
- I AM Yoga Nidra™ Professional Training (prior to 2013 is allowed for this module only)
- I AM Yoga Therapy™ Body Psychology Training
- Integral Breath Therapy Training
- I AM Yoga Nidra™ Advanced Training
- I AM Yoga® Advanced Training: Meditation in Motion
- Anatomy and Physiology from a professional school (31 of 67 hours eligible for transfer)
Transfer Policy (Recognition of Prior Learning):
If you have already completed some of the I AM Modules listed in the 800 hour program through AYI or approved senior teachers, you may be considered for transfer of up to 600 hours into the program. If seeking to have credit for modules transferred, you need to have graduated in 2013 or later. Trainings taken prior to 2013 do not meet the IAYT competencies. Yoga Nidra professional training is the only exception and you may apply to transfer that module prior to 2013.
When applying to the program, you will be asked to describe how you have been using each modality since being certified. You will need to provide information that demonstrates to us that you have been using the modality and have knowledge, experience and skill in this area. This includes personal practice as well as experience teaching classes, workshops, trainings or facilitating individual private sessions since your year of certification.
Transfer credit is not guaranteed and is based on your continued use of, familiarity, and experience with the modality. After reviewing your application, we may recommend a module be retaken at 50 percent off tuition.
For I AM Yoga Nidra™ Professional Training graduates prior to 2013, you are required to document 100 hours of continuing education in I AM Yoga Nidra™ teaching and practice. 50 hours or less are to be from personal practice or continuing education. These 50 hours may include the following: I AM Yoga Nidra™Advanced Training, I AM Yoga Nidra™ weekends, workshops or retreats. The remaining 50 or more hours need to reflect facilitating in group settings, individual settings, or teaching (workshops, classes, trainings).
For Anatomy and Physiology- The course must be taken with a creditable school and apply to IAYT competency 2.1.1* with a minimum of 31 hours studying the following topics: Organization of the body, the skeletal system, the muscular system, hematology, blood vascular system, lymphatic system, respiratory system, nervous system, digestive system, urinary system, endocrine system, female/male reproductive system, integumentary system.
*Competency 2.1.1 Knowledge of human anatomy and physiology, including all major systems of the body and their interrelationships, as relevant to the work of a yoga therapist.
As part of the application process you must turn in a written report which includes a summary of each system of the body including but not limited to location, structure, function and relationships. This report will be assessed on accuracy and clarity. This is in addition to your transcripts from a professional school.
If accepted, you will be excused from completing 31-hours of Module 6: Anatomy and Physiology which relates directly to competency 2.1.1 as defined above. You will be required to complete all other portions of Module 6 including Applied Anatomy and Physiology and Basic Psychological Principles for Yoga Professionals.
* Application is reviewed by our Program Director. You will receive notice of approval or rejection within 30 days of submission of your application. Recognition of Prior learning is not guaranteed. After reviewing your application, we may recommend a module be retaken at 50% off tuition. Anyone granted transfer credit will still need to make up any material that was added/changed/adapted during the IAYT accreditation process. Most changes are related to practicum assignments which must be completed to fulfill IAYT requirements.
*According to IAYT standards, students need to complete at least 200 hours of the AYI accredited program after transferring up to 600 hours from AYI programs and/or AYI approved senior teachers. Those 200 hours may include modules that have not yet been completed in the 800hr accredited program or practicum. Since there are many practicum hours, as well as online courses, students can transfer the seven modules listed above and reach the 200 hour requirement.
Application Process for Transferring All Modules Listed:
- Fill out the 800 Hour I AM Yoga Therapy™ application here and list the programs you would like considered for transfer credit and the year you took them. There is a save function in the application form so you may have time to complete all the required portions. We will ask you to upload your certificates, and type or paste in the anatomy written report if you are applying for Anatomy and Physiology transfer credit.
- Application is reviewed by our Program Director.
- You will receive notice of approval or rejection within 30 days of submission of your application.
Transfering from SWIHA?
We are happy to know you are thinking about joining our IAYT Accredited, 800 hour I AM Yoga Therapy professional training!
Upcoming Yoga Therapy Modules
Enrollment in the 800HR curriculum grants a 10% discount code applicable to all of the following programs.
Programs are listed in chronological order.
|Dates||Program Module||Location||Details||Register Now|
|February 5 - 14, 2021||I AM Yoga® Advanced: Meditation in Motion – Certification Only||Canterbury Retreat Center||View Details||Register Now|
|February 25 - March 2, 2021||I AM Yoga Nidra™ Certification Only||Canterbury Retreat Center||View Details||Register Now|
|March 25 - 30, 2021||Integral Breath Therapy – Level 1 Only||Canterbury Retreat Center||View Details||Register Now|
|June 17 - 21, 2021||Integral Breath Therapy Certification – Supervision Course Only||Canterbury Retreat Center||View Details||Register Now|
|July 27 - August 8, 2021||I AM Yoga Therapy™ Body Psychology Training||Canterbury Retreat Center||View Details||Register Now|
|August 26 - September 5, 2021||I AM Yoga Nidra™ Professional Training||Canterbury Retreat Center||View Details||Register Now|
|October 4 - 10, 2021||I AM Yoga Nidra™ Advanced Training||Canterbury Retreat Center||View Details||Register Now|
|October 29 - November 7, 2021||I AM Yoga® Advanced: Meditation in Motion – Immersion Only||Canterbury Retreat Center||View Details||Register Now|
Enrollment in this curriculum grants a 10% discount to all of the above programs.
Reading Materials and Additional Resources
Literature Provided Physically or Electronically
Module 1: I AM Yoga Nidra™ Immersion and Certification Manual & 1 set of cards
Module 2: I AM Yoga Therapy™ Manual
Module 3: Integral Breath Therapy Immersion and Supervision Manual
Module 4: I AM Yoga Nidra™ Advanced Manual & 1 set of cards
Module 5: I AM Yoga® Advanced Meditation in Motion Immersion and Certification Manual & 1 set of cards
Module 6: Applied Anatomy Manual
Module 7: Principles of Ayurveda Power Points
Module 8: General Assessment Manual
Module 9: Yoga Therapy by Swami Kripalvananda
Books Required to Purchase
Module 1: Yoga Nidra
- Yoga Nidra: The Art of Transformational Sleep by Kamini Desai
Module 2: Yoga Therapy
- Bodymind by Ken Dychtwald
- Focusing by Eugene Gendlin
Module 6: Applied Psychology
- The Wisdom of the Enneagram by D.R. Russo and R. Hudson
Module 7: Ayurveda Principles
- Ayurveda The Science of Self-Healing by Dr. Vasant Lad
Module 2: Yoga Therapy
- Yoga Therapy: A Guide to the Therapeutic Use of Yoga and Ayurveda for Health and Fitness by A.G and Indra Mohan
- Yoga Based Intervention for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome A Randomized Trial by Marian S. Garfinkel, Atul Singhal, Warren Katz, David Allan, Rosemary Reshetar, Ralph Schumacher downloaded from jama.com
- A pilot study of a yoga meditation protocol for patients with medically refractory epilepsy by Rajesh Jayachandran, Mohandas Radhakrishnan
Kripalu’s Self Health Guide by Amrit Desai
Phoenix Rising Yoga Theapy by Michal Lee
Module 4: Advanced Yoga Nidra
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Mandukya Upanishad with Gaudapada’s Karika and Shankara’s Commentary
- The Brihadaranyaka Upanishad by Sankaracarya and Madhavananda
Module 5: I AM Yoga® Advanced: Meditation in Motion
- The Science of Meditation by Swami Kripalvanand available for download at http://www.naturalmeditation.net/Design/science_meditation.html
- Jnaneshwar’s Gita translated by Swami Kripananda
Module 6: Anatomy and Physiology
- Anatomy Coloring Workbook, 4th Edition: An Easier and Better Way to Learn Anatomy; Princeton Review and Edward Alcamo
Suggested Props to Purchase
- Yoga Mat
- Yoga Blocks