I AM Yoga Therapy™: Yoga Body Psychology Training at SWIHA
with Chitra Marie Bailey
March 27 - May 10, 2020
Life is energy. It is meant to flow through us, each time leaving us broader, richer and evolving us for having known it. When we experience more intensity than we can handle, we shut this process down and create blocks in the body. The Integrative Amrit Method of Yoga Body Psychology is designed to not only treat visible physical symptoms, but is aimed at addressing the invisible mental and emotional blocks that contribute to them. Using gravity supported, static poses held by the facilitator, or with the use of the wall or props, you will learn how to surface and release blockages held in body zones such as legs, buttocks, hamstrings, heart and shoulders. This rejuvenating and releasing experience enhances your understanding of the energetic aspects of yoga and how to use it for yourself and others as one of the most profound healing modalities you will ever encounter.
The Integrative Amrit Method of Body Psychology
- Explore the anatomy of energy and how it becomes blocked
- Use a variety of prop and partner assisted yoga postures to intensify energy flow and encounter energetic holding patterns
- Learn about the chakras as a map to our personal evolution and how yoga therapy poses can be used to open stagnant energies
- Discover how to healthfully integrate and release emotions for yourself and others
- Use various experiences to connect with and learn to listen to the energy of the body and what it is saying to you
- Learn how to lead a therapeutic yoga class with partner and prop supported assists
Yoga Body Psychology creates:
- The opportunity to re-program mental and emotional patterns that produce dis-ease
- Improved posture and range of motion*
- Reduction of chronic pain and tension*
- Long term restoration of body function after injury or surgery*
- Increased energy, Mental clarity, emotional balance and assistance to transform unhealthy thinking patterns*
*Results may vary from person to person *This Certificates of Excellence is not designed to serve as stand-alone vocational training and will not prepare you for gainful employment if taken independently of a diploma or degree program.
YO 421: Yoga – Body Psychology I : March 27 – 29, 2020
You will learn how body poses help reveal blocked areas of the body and help release alignment patterns, tensions and accelerate healing through addressing the underlying mental, emotional and physical patterns that are resulting in physical symptoms.
YO 422: Yoga – Body Psychology II : April 3 – 5, 2020
During this weekend you will practice giving your first complete individualized yoga body psychology session. In addition, you will learn and practice leading a yoga body psychology focused class.
YO 423: Yoga – Body Psychology III : April 24 – 26, 2020
Here, you will begin to focus on the subtleties of yoga body psychology including a new diagnostic tool called Ayurvedic Psychology, a new facilitation technique known as Focusing, and an overview of the journey of psychological development through the chakras.
YO 424: Yoga – Body Psychology IV : May 8 – 10, 2020
This module is designed to pull all the pieces of Yoga Body Psychology together – leaving the student with the ability to not only lead a yoga body psychology class, but also an individual session based on a client’s individual needs.
YO 425: Practicum: April 19 & May 24, 2020
Registrations are processed by the Southwest Institute of Healing Arts
Senior Training Faculty “Chitra” Marie Bailey, Psy. D. is a senior faculty member at the Amrit Yoga Institute in Salt Springs, Florida where she is a trainer in the Amrit Method of Yoga Therapy and Amrit Method Yoga Nidra Professional Trainings. She has a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology and spent 16 years in her first career as a psychologist. She holds several Amrit Method certifications including I AM Yoga (ERYT-500), Yoga Nidra, and Amrit Yoga Therapy. She is a certified member of the International Association of Yoga Therapists (C-IAYT). A Yogi through and through, Marie fell in love with the Amrit Methods when she first met Gurudev and his daughter Kamini in 2009. Marie is a practicing Yoga Therapist, Yoga Nidra facilitator, and Yoga teacher. She currently lives in Chandler, AZ.
Learn more about Chitra Marie Bailey