Can this ancient meditation technique neutralize the epidemic of stress?
Stress has ballooned to an incredible $1 trillion health epidemic, according to Peter Schnall’s book Unhealthy Work. That’s more expensive than the combined cost of cancer, smoking, diabetes, and heart disease which are some of leading causes of death in our society. Furthermore, it is estimated that 75-90% of all doctors visits are stress related. The reason that stress is at epidemic levels in the West is we don’t know how to stop. We need to create a better balance between tension and relaxation, doing and non-doing. Mindfulness meditation creates this balance and science is now beginning to understand how meditation changes the chemistry of the brain. Meditation can change the size of key regions of our brain, improving our memory and making us more empathetic, compassionate, and resilient under stress. It also increases production of the body’s feel good hormones, including Gaba, Melatonin, Serotonin, Oxytocin, Endorphins, Dopamine, DHEA, and Human Growth Hormone.
Yogis have known for thousands of years that mediation brings balance back to the body and mind. One of the least known and most underappreciated practices of yoga is Yoga Nidra, an ancient practice of mindful sleep. Yoga Nidra neutralizes stress at the root. This mindfulness meditation technique is the art of doing less and gaining more. And it’s so simple to do anyone can do it because it’s based on something everyone knows how to do, sleep. This art of non-doing not only neutralizes stress, but also has the power to unleash the healing potential within our own bodies.
Yoga Nidra provides a unique opportunity to discover a source of power and healing hidden within
You may have entered this “zero-stress zone” before through sports, dance or intense exercise—where all doing disappears and you merge with the experience. Once the competition, dance, or race is over, you are back in the same old world. Yogis have known for millenia how to enter this dimension through Yoga Nidra, where healing and transformation happens spontaneously and effortlessly.
When you enter into the intuitive dimension of the Zero Stress Zone:
- You see solutions where you saw problems before.
- Your innate self-healing power rises above past memories and habits and soars into the limitless, expansive zone of spirit.
- Pranic energy healing happens on a non-mental, causal level; not on a symptomatic level. Many have gradually moved from medication to meditation.
- Objective clarity of perception brings understanding and communication where, in the past, there was conflict and confusion.
- Move from the concept of multiple legs of a caterpillar (making it happen), to the wings of a butterfly (letting it happen); flying into higher integrative dimensions.
- You are free from the dependence on external sources of entertainment for relaxation. As you discover your own source and power, self-realization happens intrinsically in all that you do.
- Rejuvenate and regenerate for radiant health and well-being.
- The restless monkey mind is silenced so quickly. This opens the door to enter this state as easily as a seasoned Zen master.
Your physical illnesses that appear on the surface of the body are symptoms (effects). The cause is hidden in unconscious, self-destructive behaviors and habits. You can experience the inner dimension of I AM Yoga Nidra™ that removes symptoms from the cause and restores balance. Conflicts within the self-image are the root cause for all stress-creating mental and emotional health problems. They breed anxiety, fatigue, depression, shame, blame and guilt as well as addictions to food, sex, work, alcohol, etc. Treat the symptoms and the cause will continue to survive. Treat the cause and all the surface symptoms will begin to fade and disappear.
Your vital life force is being consumed and suffocated by emotions, anxieties, fears, and frustrations. The Fountain of Youth is within. These powerful, ancient tantric techniques and Quantum Breath Meditation reverse aging and allow you to enter the innermost space of the yoga zone. In Yoga Nidra, healing miracles happen spontaneously in alpha and even deeper brain wave states.
The benefits of Yoga Nidra include:
- Dismantling and releasing emotional stress, trauma and hurt built into your body.
- Learning high powered breathing techniques for youthful vitality, endurance and accelerated healing through the power of prana.
- Directing the life force (prana), knowing that “energy follows attention”. And drive the healing energy with attention to relief of pain, regeneration, and restoration of health and well-being.
- Bringing balance in the body by releasing unresolved tension.
- Activating your subtle energy field. It becomes a powerful, pulsating presence, mobilizing energy and blood flow and restoring sensitivity to blocked areas in your body.
- Observing your whole body, animated with new life force, penetrating and permeating every muscle, joint, organ and cell.
- Restoring your freedom to be happy, creative, efficient, and effective.
Start practicing Yoga Nidra today.
This sleep-based mindfulness meditation is simple, effective and easy to practice either lying down or sitting in a chair at work. Even a short 20 minute practice can restore balance and have a huge impact on your daily experience of stress and anxiety. Check out some of the following resources for access to free meditations, events, trainings and start removing stress at its roots!