Integrative Amrit Method
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Energize Your Yoga Practice
I AM Yoga® Teacher Training is so much more than becoming certified as a yoga teacher. It is an entry point for you to access the mysterious depths of yoga and experience its authentic origins.
What is I AM Yoga® Teacher Training?
The I AM Yoga® Teacher Training is an experiential training intensive designed to develop aspiring and advanced practitioners alike. Whether you are looking to deepen and energize your current practice or are seeking the guidance necessary to begin a profound yoga journey, this program provides a life-long foundation for you to practice from.
Training in the I AM Yoga® tradition provides master level guidance suited for every-body. Throughout our intensive, we will follow the Yoga Sutras as our roadmap while employing the specific tools of I AM Yoga® to bring the relevance of this ancient knowledge into our current experience. Not only will you leave equipped to practice yoga poses with precision and in the unified manner in which they were originally inspired, but, more importantly, you will leave empowered to carry the experience of integration into your daily life activities.
“Yoga is not a practice that you do. It’s an experience that you have.”
Features of THIS COURSE:
World-class curriculum showcasing the authentic teachings of yoga and its modern application
I AM Yoga and Yoga Nidra classes
Regular Yoga & Yoga Nidra practice allows us to enter into the most therapeutic levels of deep relaxation where the body’s innate healing functions are activated
Personalized mentorship and instruction
Coaching to foster confidence, personal empowerment and masterful use of voice and expression
Transformational discourses with Gurudev Shri Amritji and Senior Training Faculty
Live classes and group discussion series
Unlike many 200 hour yoga teacher training courses offered today, our program is primarily live, online and interactive
I AM Yoga® Training Manual & Diploma
Includes the official comprehensive I AM Yoga® Training Manual and diploma upon successful completion of the course requirements
- Maximize the expression and energy flow of every posture through the application of “press points” and “energetic extensions”, a unique feature to I AM Yoga®
- Build strength, alleviate stress, and learn how to use yoga practice to rebalance and restore the nervous system
- Recognize and release behaviors that are affecting your health and wellbeing
- Reclaim your peace by understanding how our habituated mental and emotional patterning obscures our ability to fully access personal freedom and well-being.
The Art of Teaching
- Workshops designed to develop your presence as a teacher and cultivate masterful delivery
- Exact instructions on how to create and customize yoga classes for the demographics you plan to work with
- How to structure theme-based classes and workshops suitable for your students’ needs, skill levels and interests
- Understand a yogic perspective on trauma and tips on teaching in a trauma-informed manner to foster wider inclusivity and accessibility
- Learn to guide students safely and effectively through the 28 poses that make up the complete Level 1 sequence
- Six pranayama (breathing) practices to incorporate into class openings, while in poses or part of savasana and as closing meditation
- Instructions on how to sequence and deliver a series of customizable warm-up poses
- Posture assists and modification clinics to deliver poses in an optimally accessible manner, conducive for any body type and a wide-range of limitations
- Gain a practical understanding of how the areas of the body move and are impacted during yoga practice
- Understand how to work with the nervous system to optimize the benefits of yoga in yourself and students
- Learn about science-based health benefits of yoga and how to speak with confidence to your students and clients
Want to learn more about the I AM Yoga Practice? Try it for free by joining our Weekly I AM Yoga and Yoga Nidra Class with Nirali
Join us weekly for an All Levels live online class combining 30 minutes of meditative yoga postures delivered in the I AM Yoga® tradition followed by a profoundly restorative 30 minute integration through the sleep-based meditation technique of I AM Yoga Nidra.
Already certified as an RYT 200?
Learn more about our 200-hour I AM Yoga Advanced Training: Meditation in Motion. This training is suitable for yoga teachers of all traditions but requires a 200 hour yoga teacher training certification as a prerequisite.
We are currently offering Yoga Teacher Training live online only.
I AM Yoga® Teacher Training Bundle (Live Online)
Complete your entire 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training online with the Amrit Yoga Institute. All hours are eligible for Yoga Alliance RYT 200 accreditation.
May 16-20, June 10-12, July 8-10, August 12-14, 2022
I AM Yoga® Teacher Training: Immersion (Live Online)
May 16-20, 2022
I AM Yoga® Teacher Training: Certification (Live Online)
June 10-12, July 8-10, August 12-14, 2022
Yoga teacher training faq
Everything you need to know about Yoga Teacher Training with us.
Do you I need to do both parts?
You can do just the Immersion if you want to go deeper into the practice, but do not want to be certified to teach. Participation in the Immersion is required before going on to Certification. Successful completion of both the Immersion and Certification is a requirement to become certified to teach.
Is this Yoga Alliance Certified?
This 200-hour training is in compliance with Yoga Alliance standards. As an Amrit Yoga Teacher, you are eligible to become a member of Yoga Alliance.
What does tuition include?
Your tuition includes all training sessions and the I AM Yoga® training manual. The balance of your tuition payment must be paid in full prior to the program’s start date unless otherwise arranged.
What are the certification requirements?
Upon successful completion of I AM Yoga Teacher Training, which includes payment in full, attendance in all classes and fulfillment of all assignments, you will receive a Certificate of Completion from the Amrit Yoga Institute, attesting to your competency and entitling you to teach as an I AM Yoga® instructor.
Unless otherwise arranged with program directors, Level I certification is a prerequisite for admission to Level II and other advanced Amrit Yoga Training programs.
What is the schedule like?
The schedule for your program is listed on the registration page. Our programs are a combination of guided experiential practices, lectures, group discussion, partner work, personal study, and reflection. In the schedule, you will see listed breaks and we also have time for shorter breaks that are built into our sessions.
What should I do to prepare?
Order Your Training Materials– available at www.amritkala.com
- Amrit Yoga: Explore, Expand & Experience the Spiritual Dimension of Yoga
- Amrit Yoga & the Yoga Sutras
- I AM Yoga® Level 1 Sequence Chart
- I AM Yoga® Level 1 Sequence Flash Cards
- I AM Yoga® Level 1 Sequence DVD, CD or MP3
Save On Required Materials
- You may purchase the above materials for a 10% bundle discount at the Amrit Kala Shop.
Suggested Pre-Training Assignments
- Read the books on the required reading list
- Practice the I AM Yoga® Level 1 Sequence regularly