Yoga Therapy II: Certification
With Kamini Desai, Ph.D
August 26 - September 2, 2022
Prerequisite: I AM Yoga Therapy I
Body Psychology Training
I AM Yoga Therapy II is a continuation of I AM Yoga Therapy I
Here you will learn:
- Advanced hands-on assisted posture and prop-supported sequences
- How to powerfully support release and rebalancing in common holding zones in the body
- Facilitation techniques to enhance the effect of physical poses and support emotional integration
- Draw on elements from contact yoga, yogassage, phoenix rising yoga therapy, thai yoga therapy and traditional yoga styles to promote total body opening
- Get some ideas on how to offer chair Yoga Therapy
- Learn the basic principles and precautions of Yoga Therapy for scoliosis and other common conditions
- Energetic anatomy, esoteric teachings and emotional integration
- 4 sequences address the most common compromised zones in the body
- Instructional videos
- Detailed manual
- How to put together a full 6 limbed yoga therapy session
- Access to all course materials on digital platform for 90 after course completion
- This course is 60 hours. Combined with Yoga Therapy I is 100 hours and upon completion of 8 documented sessions provides 120 Hour Yoga Therapy certification.
- Hours count towards 800 hour yoga therapy program
This training is the culmination of all the I AM Methods – combining many healing principles and techniques into one universally accessible and powerful practice. You will be amazed by the profound nature of this work and its remarkable capacity to free the restorative intelligence of the body. Journey into a deeper understanding of the body’s energy system.
“Remove the root cause and the symptoms disappear.”
IMPORTANT: Certificate of Completion and Manuals are provided digitally for your reference and to print at your own cost. Manuals can also be ordered separately. Once you register for this course, a free account will be created for you (if you don’t already have one) inside of our ecourses.amrityoga.org system and the digital version of this course will be assigned to your user account.
This is where you will:
a. Reference your digital Manual
b. Print or Order your Cards and Manual (manual is optional)
c. Complete your assignments and submit your homework
d. Receive your certificate upon successful completion of the course and assignments
- Learn how to facilitate the profound release of mental and emotional tension
- Acquire new techniques to assist you in integrating unresolved blocks in the body
- Experience both prop and partner assisted sequences that address the major holding zones in the body.
- Lead a one-on-one and/or group session including: intake, assessment, customized yoga therapy session, integration, and debrief catering to individualized needs.
- Combine poses that elicit profound physical and emotional releases with the internal healing work of Yoga Nidra.*
- Understand how to approach conditions such as pregnancy, hip replacements, joint conditions, fibromyalgia, heart conditions and more.
- In addition to promoting your personal development, this training is excellent for psychologists, counselors, health and healing professionals, and bodyworkers in search of new tools to serve their clients.
- Discover how to healthfully integrate and release emotions for yourself and others
- Use various experiences to connect with and learn to listen to the energy of the body and what it is saying to you.
*Applies to those who have been trained in Yoga Nidra.
- Reprogram the mental and emotional patterns that produce dis-ease
- Boost immunity with increased blood and lymph flow
- Reduce stiffness, pain, tension and inflammation
- Improve posture and range of motion
- Long term restoration of body function following an injury or surgery
- Increased energy, Mental clarity, emotional balance, and assistance to reduce and eliminate unhealthy patterns of thinking
In this training you will learn how to give individualized yoga therapy sessions as well as group yoga therapy classes. We have provided ample time during this training for integration, supervised practicum, as well as one-on-one practice sessions. Not only is this course developed in a way for you to assist others; it also serves as a powerful tool for your own personal journey.
You can be certified as a 100-hour Yoga Therapist by completing 8 documented Yoga Therapy sessions following the successful completion of this training. Session documentation must be submitted within 4 months after the training is complete.
This training also counts towards becoming an 800-hour Yoga Therapist, in accordance with IAYT accreditation standards. For more information visit: https://amrityoga.org/iayt/.
A Brief Video Intro with Kamini
“The Yoga Therapy program is an innovative, profound, reflective healing modality. Brilliant!”~ Cristine (Bodyworker)
“Using yoga to work on emotional issues bridged the gap I felt was missing between yoga and psychology.”~ Aurora (Counselor & Yoga Teacher)
“This training has both re-inspired and affirmed for me a deep healing, on both professional and personal levels, that will transform all my relationships.”~ Rebecca (Yoga Teacher)
“I feel free to know that the energy of acceptance and allowance is enough to give others the space to heal.”~ Beth (Psychotherapist & Yoga Teacher)
“Aside from feeling lighter and centered, I feel that I am more capable now to help others.”~ J. Wheelan (Yoga Teacher)
Yogeshwari Kamini Desai, PhD is the author of Yoga Nidra: The Art of Transformational Sleep, has created an exciting and unique body of teachings incorporating western psychology, eastern philosophy and science. Considered an expert in Yoga Nidra Meditation, relaxation, yoga therapy and artful living, her practical and accessible teaching style is welcomed worldwide. In 2012 she was awarded the title Yogeshwari (woman of yogic mastery) for her keen ability to bring ancient illumination to the genuine challenges of the human experience. Her teachings have benefited employees at Sony, Kelloggs, KPN Telecom, Mars Confectionery, the Department of Corrections and Departments of the Netherlands Government. Learn more about Kamini Desai, Ph.D
Learn more about Kamini Desai, Ph.D